How to Setup your Laptop for the One-Day Workshop
- All participants should bring their own laptop for the workshop.
- Requirements for Laptop:
- Make sure your computer has a 64-bit Operating System - Either Windows 7.1 and above OR Any Linux distribution with Linux kernel version 2.6 and above OR MacOS X,
- Minimum 20 GB of free hard disk space
- Minimum 2 GB RAM
- Download MATLAB 2015b with Parallel Computing Toolbox from http://bit.ly/1XLMyMK OR approach your Local Workshop Coordinator at your Institute for the installation DVD that we have sent them OR download directly from MathWorks website.
- If you already have MATLAB installed, please ensure that it is 2014b or above and has a working Parallel Computing Toolbox by testing it with the code samples in the next instruction.
- Download the MATLAB code samples and slides from http://bit.ly/1oAh0gE and be ready for the Workshop.
- Install and activate MATLAB trial version while connected to the Internet. Your MathWorks Account will be automatically created and the password will be emailed to you after registration in a few days. Follow the video for installation and activation at http://bit.ly/1oJ4eNu. Complete the installation and activation of MATLAB immediately after receiving email from MathWorks, so that any queries can be handled well before the day of the Workshop
- Download MobaXTerm from http://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/MobaXterm_v8.6.zip and follow the video explaining how to open a SSH session to a remote server at http://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/demo.html# OR if you are using Linux or Mac OS X make sure
sshcommand works without any problems on your terminal.
For any technical support contact Local Workshop Coordinator. Further technical support will be available from GCOE IIT Bombay Technical Team at the Workshop Venue, one day prior to the workshop.