GPU Programming and Applications (GPA2-2014)
Workshop: GPU Programming and Applications (GPA2-2014)
Date of Workshop: 17th – 19th July 2014
Venue: IIT Madras
A joint workshop conducted by IIT Madras, CCOE IIT Bombay, CDAC - Pune, and NVIDIA.
IIT Madras, CUDA Center of Excellence (CCOE) of IIT Bombay, CDAC - Pune, and NVIDIA Corporation, jointly conducted the Second National Level Workshop on GPU Programming and Applications (GPA2-2014) during 17th – 19th July 2014 at IIT Madras.
GPA2-2014 was a three day workshop on heterogeneous parallel computing. GPA2-2014 was aimed at enriching the skills of students, faculty, and researchers with cutting-edge techniques and hands-on experience in developing applications for many-core processors, with massively parallel computing resources like GPU accelerators.
Objectives of the workshop:-
- Introduced techniques/ tools available based on NVIDIA's CUDA environment.
- Enabled participants to quickly get started with writing their own parallel codes on GPGPU.
- Provided hands-on experience in parallel programming.
- The special sessions provided the rich hands-on experience with various languages and tools covered in the lectures.
- They comprised a brief introduction to the programming assignments, followed by independent work periods.
- Helped with the assignments, teaching assistants will be available in person and via the web.
- Presented case studies from different application domains.
- Why Supercomputing?
- Introduction to Parallel Computing
- Introduction to GPU Computing
- CUDA Architecture and Programming model
- CUDA Best practices
- CUDA Optimizations
- CUDA Profiling and debugging tools
- Case Studies from different Application Domains
Students, Faculty and Researchers from Academic Institutes
Researchers from Govt. Research Organizations
Engineers/ Researchers from Industry
Prof. P. B. Sunil Kumar, IIT Madras
Prof. P.S.V. Nataraj, IIT Bombay
Prof. S. Senapati, IIT Madras
Dr. V. C. V. Rao, CDAC Pune
Workshop speakers were distinguished faculty from IITs, experts from CDAC - Pune, NVIDIA Corporation, and MathWorks India.
Click here for Photo Gallery