GPU Programming and Applications (GPA-2014)
Workshop: GPU Programming and Applications (GPA-2014)
Date of Workshop: 24th – 26th February 2014
Venue: IIT Bombay
NVIDIA Corporation, USA awarded IIT Bombay a GPU Center of Excellence (GCOE). The GCOE of IIT Bombay, in association with NVIDIA, had conducted a National Level Workshop on GPU Programming and Applications (GPA-2014) during 24th – 26th February 2014 at IIT Bombay. GPA-2014 was a three day workshop on heterogeneous parallel computing. GPA-2014 was aimed at enriching the skills of students, faculty and researchers with cutting-edge techniques and hands-on experience in developing applications for many-core processors, with massively parallel computing resources like GPU accelerators.
Objectives of the workshop:-
• Introduced techniques/ tools available based on NVIDIA's CUDA environment.
• Enabled participants to quickly get started with writing their own parallel codes on GPGPU.
• Provided hands-on experience in parallel programming.
• The special sessions provided the rich hands-on experience with various languages and tools covered in the lectures.
• They comprised a brief introduction to the programming assignments, followed by independent work periods.
• Helped with the assignments, teaching assistants will be available in person and via the web.
• Presented case studies from different application domains.
Workshop program was structured to give the participants exposure starting from fundamentals to applications:-
- Why Supercomputing ?
- Introduction to Parallel Computing
- Introduction to GPU Computing
- CUDA Architecture and Programming model
- CUDA Best practices
- CUDA Optimizations
- CUDA Profiling and debugging tools
- Case Studies from different Application Domains
Click here for Photo Gallery